And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Freshly Brewed Challenges - Cancer Fundraiser Cards

I'm BACK! 
Post #2 ... and also a day late. Sigh. 

Lets start with a little update on my mom. 
She is doing great!!! I am so pleased to see her smiling and
feeling better and doing so good. The first chemo treatment scared the living
daylights out of me. I'll be honest. She lost her hair rather quickly, which was some
what of a shock to us all. They said it would be after the second treatment, but was
more after the first. We found a wonderful lady through a friend who donates a wig to 
chemo / cancer patients. Her name is Marlisa. She and her coworkers have been so 
loving and caring and just plain wonderful. They cut her hair and fitted her for a wig
and made her feel at home. It wasn't a super sad day, but an ok day for her. The next 
step to getting better. She looks beautiful BALD, with her wig, or a headwrap. 
I love my mama so much! I truly can't wait for this to be over with so she
can relax and breathe and get back to normal again. But until then, God is carrying her
and keeping her encouraged and I am so thankful! HE is sooo good to us!

Marlisa's shop is called BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL WIGS FOR CANCER
Here is a video from a local news channel 
I gave her a card as a Thank you for doing what she did for my mom. 
She loved it and wanted me to make some for her upcoming fundraiser / ladies luncheon. 
She needed 220 to be exact and I had a week to complete them. I tried to hand color them all, 
but ran out of ink in my copic and couldn't order a new one in time, so I chose to copy and print
one I had already colored. The end result was still really pretty. Some liked it better. Said it was 
more funky and fun :) So ... here is a photo of what the cards look like. (I still ahve 50 more to go...
but will have them finished today so she can write in them and attach them to her 
'goodie bags'. 


If you follow FBD, then you will recognize this image. 
I gave Marlisa THIS CARD and she wanted a few things changed for her
fundraiser. I was happy to do it for her and am so glad that she loves the cards as much as she does. 


The image with the headwrap (She is Beauty and Strength)  is in the shop HERE
but the one with the awareness ribbon is not. If you like her, leave me a 
comment below and let me know and I will add her to the shop as well. 

Thank you for stopping by. 
I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter