And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Freshly Brewed Challenge AND Word Art Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!
This is going to be a full day for me, so I am putting both of these
posts into one... I hope that is ok...

We are taking my mom to get the rest of her hair cut off and
fitted for a wig. A local shop donates the first wig to cancer / chemo patients, 
and she wanted to do the same for my mom. Today is going to be hard, no doubt, 
but I am looking at it as one step to her getting better. Prayer and faith and trusting
that He is holding her close is what is helping me through. This woman means SO MUCH to me. 
There are NO WORDS that could ever begin to express the kind of person she is.
 I am beyond blessed to have her in my life. So thankful she is my mom and my very
best friend. 

OK, so here are a few cards I created this week

The first is for our Freshly Brewed Challenges SKETCH challenge this week:

I used one of our NEWEST Digital Stamps:
She is Beauty and Strength


You can play along with us in this fun and simple sketch challenge >>HERE<< at 


NEXT UP
is my WORD ART WEDNESDAY Post. I had a lot of fun
creating this card. I forget, until Fall arrives, just how much I LOVE to 
create using oranges, browns, and golds. Swoon. I know this card is very CAS, 
but I know I am going to make more like this one. Hope you like it too!


I used the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Diecut: Stitched Grand Maple
Papertrey Inc cardstock: orange and Kraft
double sided tape and Martha Stewart extra fine glitter


Thank you so much for stopping by. I am copying and pasting the update from my FBD blog 
to here so you can read what is going on in my neck o the woods right now. 

UPDATE From Last Week
Some of you already know, but I am adding it here again just in case. My mom was diagnosed with a rare form of uterine cancer in June. She had surgery in July. They think they have removed all of the cancer but are given her aggressive chemotherapy and radiation to be certain. 
She had a bad reaction to the chemotherapy the first time and goes back this coming Thursday (Sept 10) for her second round. She has to have 6 of chemo and 3 radiation.
I mentioned last week that I wanted to use sales from the images to purchase her a wig.
I contacted a local shop and they are going to donate her one. In fact, they donate many!
The first wig is free! We go today to cut and shave her hair off and to choose a wig. 
I did use sales to purchase her a few head wraps from headwraps.com. 
She LOVES them and is really excited to have them. I will still continue to use all sale proceeds to 
help and do things for my mom, so thank you in advance for all you are doing to make this possible. 

Hugs and God bless, 
Heather 

4 comments:

  1. Heather I love the die cut leaf card!! That is so pretty! Lifting your mom up in prayer today... (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers, my friend, as I have had prayers ascending for your mom. I follow along silently and pray for your mom and your family often and just pray you find solace and support during this journey with mom! I've walked in your shoes and feel what is in your heart and know that she is blessed to have you for a daughter ♥ Be well and Blessings abundant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, thank you for sharing about your mom. I pray God give you both peace and bless your time together today. I had to come and see more about your gorgeous card...I'm so glad I did so I know how to pray for you. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are working wonders with that leaf die! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter