And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What is Heaven like Mama?

My kids ask a gazillion questions at night to keep from going to bed. It took all I could do to get out of my daughters room tonight. She asked many questions about heaven. Are there animals in heaven? ...Not the big ones right? will I really never get tired? Can I eat anything in heaven? ((allergies)) Is there grass there? What kind of flowers? Are there cars in heaven? Some followed by a snicker and some she would shake her head and hide under the cover. We talked about how God healed her and her skin problems this past few weeks. Then we threw each other big kisses and said our prayers and I shut her door. Now, on to my sons room I went. Both kids got a warm blanket out of the dryer tonight since it was cold. My sons blanket is fleece so it was "Zippy" and full of static. He likes that until I kiss him and "zip" him accidentally. He likes to be the "Zipper" lol. So, we talk, kiss, say our memory verse and it is time to go to bed. I have to check his room every night for monsters ending with looking in his bed and thinking he is one. After that he started asking his questions. ((I had explained what his memory verse meant (John 3:16) and that is what brought his Q's on. )) What does the devil look like? Does he have horns? Do bad people go to the devils heaven? (I told him then that it was called Hell and that is why we are here to help and reach others because we do not want anyone going to Hell with the devil )) He asked if the devil was in our world with Jesus. How Jesus could be with all of us at one time. This is where I had to not laugh. My daughter laughs sometimes and says that my son calls Jesus a she even though we talk about HIM many times. He proceeded to tell me tonight that he thinks he knows how Jesus can see everyone ((taking both hands and making glasses with his fingers over his eyes)) and touch everyone ((patting his own head)). I think Jesus had a lot of eyes and a whole lot of arms and they are very long ((Iam now trying to picture Jesus the way he was describing and trying not to laugh at the same time.)) He stopped and looked at me and said "Maybe she's a spider" LOL!!! So, then I smiled ((still holding back laughter)) and explained how Jesus can be with us all the time, how he has angles watching over him and if he ever is afraid to just call on Jesus and he is there. It went on further than I am telling you here... but all was so sweet and innocent I just had to share . :) Hope you are all having a great night. HUGS!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your children are so sweet Heather!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... this warms my heart. I want to reach out and hug your kiddos!! Thanks for sharing this GREAT story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I can identify with this. I got those questions when my girls were that age and you know what? Now that they're older, they still have questions (usually about the little details), only now we discuss it together. Kids are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so special, I love nights like that - it just makes you feel good. My night, was slightly different. I went into Charli's room to tuck her in an she says "DON'T lift the covers, I tooted and if you lift it you will die from the smell!" And of course I had to see if it was true...it was, I died! Dang White Castle's STILL a problem!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very great post!I am looking forward to the day my little ones start popping those qustions at me!Thank you so much for sharing!God is GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look into your family. I love that your kiddos are asking questions and figuring things out. This makes me SO happy and warm and fuzzy! This whole post. Probably one of my favorite posts ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter