And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

EEEK!!! It's a BIRTHDAY PARTY!

Notice the EEEK!!! Well, it is because it is a mousies birthday. 
And not just ANY mouses birthday, a HOUSE MOUSE birthday. 


Way back when I first started my blog I fell in love with house mouse.That challenge blog was always a go to for me. The DT there has always been  SO talented and so wonderfully sweet. the BIGGEST thing of all is that  I met my very best and most amazing friend and sister there too. I smile even to see the blog or hear the name. All of that being said, how could I NOT share in this wonderful celebration?!?! I LOVED inking up my little mice again. The hardest thing was choosing which one to ink up. This one is not your 'typical' birthday image.
I chose it because it reminds me of two great friends. They are happy and working together. They are also helping each other and lightening each others load so to speak. Don't you love that about your true friends and sisters? How you can vent and fuss and laugh and cry all in the same conversation knowing that you are loved and never judged.


I colored this image with my prismacolor markers. The little dots on the berries were colored with a black copic specia gel pen. They are really sparkly although you can't see it in the pic. This is paper that I have hoarded for YEARS. My mom actually bought it for me when I FIRST started cardmaking. I have not used it because of that sentimental value. The person getting this card will cherish it and know that it is extra special because of it :) The red lace is scrap from a yard sale pile I think. The felt flower was a RAK and the button from my stash. The black paper is questionable :) hahaha and the white cardstock is by Papertrey Inc
the inside sentiments computer generated. I added the papers inside to match and drew the doodle lines / scallops / dots down each side.

A big thanks to everyone who was in the hop _ your cards were so super inspirational and beautiful. I truly enjoyed every stop during the hop! and you still have time to play as well!!! Check it all out here: http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/

other challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky - 1E, C10 - #90 bingo (image, ribbon, flower)
Deep Ocean Challenge - 2W - Lace
Top Tip Tuesday - 3E - Birthday Time (Birthday/ Congratulate or Celebrate a  Birth
House Mouse Challenge - 2W, SIR - (1st week) Birthday Card with a Bunch of Flowers
Stamps R Us - 2E - (2nd week) Friendship
Truly Scrumptious - 2W - #65 decorate the inside (2nd wk)  
Paper Sundaes - 3E, C10 - Finishing Touches (finish the inside of your cards)


18 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great card. I love House Mouse stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Heather this is the sweetest!! You've colored it to perfection with great richness! BEAUTIFUL embellish-details too! Thanks so much for playing along on our House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge BIRTHDAY Blog-HOP. Hope to see more of you!!!!
    Good Luck with the Fabby Prizes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with HM when i first started stamping, too- over a decade now. gulp. ;) beautiful story and thoughts to go with a very beautiful card. i love the inside as much as the outside. special card, in deed! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love it Heather,thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is absolutely gorgeous Heather :-) all of the HM stamps are adorable but this is especially sweet and the papers and beautifully decorated inside make it that bit more special. Whoever this is for will surely love this ,,, she is a lucky girl ! :-)

    thanks for coming along to the HM&F Monday's party and good luck with all the candy ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!! LOVE the red lace, your coloring and such a gorgeous design!! You rocked it!! :) Thanks so much for helping to celebrate our 3rd birthday with us at House Mouse & Friends! Good luck to you!! I hope you will join us again! HUGS - Vicki HM&F designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, this is stunning!! You did such a beautiful job with this. Red was the perfect choice for this very special card. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wonderful! Such a bright and cheerful meece card! Your paper choices are outstanding as well! Thanks for sharing your great card with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Your coloring is awesome and the papers and layout are so bright and cheerful. The card is lovely, inside and out. Thanks for sharing it with us and joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good luck with the prizes.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stinkin' cute! Love those House Mouses and you've done a grand job on this card.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. THUD!!!!!!! How STINKIN' CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! LOVE all the coloring you did! I have such a hard time putting lace and ribbons and fabrics on my cards...but you make it look PERFECT! I'm soooo happy you played with us for our 3 year celebration. YIPPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A delicious creation. Thank you for joining House Mouse challenge and hop.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x
    House Mouse GD for September

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabolous card and I just love those colours. I'm sure that card is gonna be well loved. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week and good luck. Hope to see you back on tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Heather!!! This is just adorable!!!
    I love House Mouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!! Thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is what I call a WOW card. Cute image, beautifully colored, beautiful card inside and out! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter