And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome Winter

Well... that was not so much of a happy title as it is sarcastic. I like Fall and Spring weather, but I don't like it when it is so freezing cold! and I am a baby compared to some of you because it is 35 degrees here and I am walking around like I am an ice cube. The main thing I hate is how the heat running all night makes us all unable to breathe the next day... or at least for a few hours ;). 
The kids are up.  One got up around 8 saying he has the flu but will still do school... ate breakfast and then decided that his flu was so bad he could not do school either. He is now in bed unable to get up or play or watch tv. He is being made to rest and lay there and will get hot broth for lunch. He thinks I am kidding, but if he continues to lay there that is exactly what will happen! ;) My daughter crawled out of bed at 9 walking around like the living dead but says she is ready for school, lol. She went straight to the table with her pjs on, hair all a mess and one eye halfway open saying "It's 9. Time for school." in a voice that was somewhat sarcastic and weird because she knows I let her eat breakfast and get dressed first. These kids. I KNEW they would pull stuff on the first day of school. The other days they were getting up at 7 raring to go, happy and playing. Silly kids!!! OK, so I admit. I have been rushing so much I am not ready for it to start either. Deep Breath. It felt good to let that out :D lol!!!


On to my card. I was inspired by the Papercraft Star challenge: Winter theme. I used my new Fresh Brewed Designs image Front Door with Wreath for this card. I kept the shades cool blues and blue greys to make it feel more wintery. I thought of making the door red, but am glad I kept it sortof muted. The l topiaries and wreath are covered in snow and the family inside is warm by the fire reading stories together :D.

Our new challenge at Freshly Brewed challenges is to use something new. I purchased this nestie die just a few weeks ago, so it is still new to me. The ribbon, flower and button were gifted to me and I have been hoarding them, and the image is a new digi I created just a few days ago. 

I am off to brew another pot of coffee and take over the world... or my home at least.
School, laundry, cooking, fighting with the kids. 
Yep - I am ready for it. I hope! HAHAHA!!!


Have a blessed and happy day!
Heather

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Heather! I'm glad you stayed with the cool grays and blues too. Love the snow on your topiaries and wreath. Absolutely stunning. I have a sick boy at home too...it must be contagious!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is STUNNING!!! So very elegant! I love it and am so glad you didn't color the door red, it is so perfect the way it is. I love the cool colors and the snow! Gorgeous! I due hope it's just schoolitis not really the flu! Poor little guy hope he feels better soon!
    Hugs,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I love the image. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hey Heather ! What a lovely contribution for us this week at Papercraft Star, it does look cold ! Of course, the important thing is that it is cozy inside ! --J--

    ReplyDelete
  5. anything under 75 is freezing to me! LOL! this card is absolutely beautiful and amazing! i love the colors and design and all the embellishments: wow card! should be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEATHER! This is stunning! I absolutely love your choice of classy cool Winter colors! You really had me transfixed with your lovely description of the family inside reading stories by the cozy fire! I want to be behind that door! It's freezing cold here and I don't have a fire in my fireplace!
    Your embossing, design and embellishments are gorgeous!
    I have a feeling that the children will do better tomorrow! The first day back is tough on everybody after a nice holiday break!
    Warmest hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, I'm right there with you about the cold weather. When it hits 45 degrees out her it's time to break out the winter sweaters and coats! LOL! This card is so lovely! The color scheme really has the wintery feel to it! Beautiful work! Thank you for joining us this week over at the Papercraft Star!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter