And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Friday, October 19, 2012

Just POPPING in

Good Friday Morning!
I thought this day would never come! What an 'off' week we have had here at my house.
It just felt backwards or something. sigh.

I have heard people comment about how they are ready for Christmas, and others get all Grinch like and puff up all mad :) hehehe. We crafters know that we are running out of time to get our Christmas cards made.. so we just look at those Grinchy people and smile. We know that soon enough their hearts will be warmed by the joy of Christmas .. it's just a matter of time.

I am here today with a few fun Christmas / wintery cards to share with you.

The first up is one I created using the FBD Digital Stamp: Grace and Daniel Stringing Popcorn
It is a pretty simple card. I used traditional green and red colors. My kids seem to think of those colors first when they think of Christmas time so I made this one for them.
I really had fun putting this card together. It made me smile and think of times when I was a child, stringing popcorn and decorating (fighting) with my brother and sister. *sigh*

Materials: Scrap paper from HUGE BOX o SCRAPS, twinery twine in khaki, prismacolor markers and bic markers. GO HERE TO SEE HOW TO MAKE THE POPCORN


Next up is a card I created using the FBD Digital Stamp: A Snowman Christmas


I, again, went with the traditional Christmas colors. And again, I used all scraps to create this card. The icicles were created using a MFT fresh cut grass diecut :))  The embellies and the pillow box were diecuts from a kit called Colorbok Gift Box Project Pack: Jingle Bells. I have had this stack for about 4 years now and really haven't broken into it. I was a little intimidated by the 3d boxes and things in there. I am glad I found it, I will be able to create some fun little packages with the pillow boxes... and decorate them much more elaborately :))

Well, that is it for me. I am off to wake my children and get our last day of school started for the week.
I hope you all have a wonderful and a blessed weekend. 

If you want to see MORE Christmas creations, please stop by TOMORROW and all weekend long for our Fresh Brewed Designs Rubber Stamp Release and Blog Hop for October!!! 



Challenges:
Papercraft Planet Sketch # SK101912
Jingle Bells: Critters 
Chocolate, Coffee, Cards: stitching
Stampin' Sisters in Christ -
Tree

Anything Goes Challenge  Make your Own Embellishments  (popcorn string)
ABC Christmas Challenge - - Anything goes
Winter Wonderland: Anything but a card


14 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous selection of totally fun and FAB christmas cards, they are ALL gorgeous, but i confess the one with the "real" string of popcorn is my very very favorite! ♥ thanks for joining our holiday creature feature at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations .
    Thanks for sharing them with us at anything goes challenge .
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely adorable! Did you use real popcorn on the 1st one? Probably not, but it sure looks like it! Very cleverly done! Your snowman is so cute! Love the background paper, and of course the stitching, perfect for our challenge at CC&CC. So happy to have you play along! Oh, and an early Merry Christmas! Aloha, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! i just loooove these! that string of popcorn embellishment is toooooo cute!! and how genius are you to use the grass punch as icles! i'm so stealing that idea! hee hee ;) see you at the hop tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun holiday card ... I love that *string of popcorn* ... such great texture ... so glad you joined our Creative Feature at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your interesting creation so pretty and must have taken ages so detailed, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute Christmas card my goodness
    What a wonderful Creation. This is so awesome.
    We would like to thank you for Entering Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards Challenge.
    Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for Chocolate, Coffee & Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather - These are so sweet! Love the very traditional Christmas colors! Great job on these! Thanks for playing along at SSiC this week.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card I too love the traditional colours.. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge Blog this challenge
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards, Heather, but WOW you did the last one before your kids were awake for school. I'm impressed. :) Thanks for playing with the PCP sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards. So lovely creations. I like colors you have used and those images are so cute. Also love the CAS style design like Clear Cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute little pillow box.. love the papers
    Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards - love the popcorn!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful creation. Love the bright colours, so cheerful.
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter