And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Who's ready for some watermelon ... and a sketch!

Good Morning!
I am here to let you know that FBD is sponsoring Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 this week.
Sally and Linda are both a part of this team at SSW and being the team we are (they are two of my wonderful friends... not just DT members), I love to support them
and do all I can to show them how much I appreciate them. 
SSW was one of the first (and only) DT's I have ever been on. 
They gave me a great start, encouraged me, helped me learn and grow... but more than that
I was able to meet wonderful, true friends.  I am very thankful for my time there. 

Sally's computer has been on the fritz, so she had a blast from the past 
sketch to share for this weeks challenge. 


Here is a card I created yesterday, as a stress reliever,
 following this lovely sketch:

Watermelon Girl Digital Stamp
Watermelon Boy Digital Stamp

This card was really fun to make. I admit, I was intimidated by the
diamond shape. I have been intimidated by a lot of things lately.
I haven't had time to focus enough to be grounded and assured I guess. 
Anyway, after I got started, it all sort of fell together.
I was very happy about that! :) 

*photo showing  layers*

I added gloss to her hair bows, the watermelon seeds and
both kids pairs of shoes. I was going to add glitter too, 
but felt like I put so much time into shading that I didn't want to 
cover it up. 

*photo showing gloss*
SO ... That's my card. 
A rarity as of lately, I know. ;)
I am so happy that I was able to sit for a few minutes and create!
It felt really good :D

Check out all of the SSW cards featured on our blog today >>HERE

We are going through a few little things right now in my house.
We all have broken hearts and broken spirits.
Nothing that God can't handle. but we are hurt. 
Please say a prayer for us. 
We would truly appreciate it!

Big hugs and lots of smiles
Heather


Challenges:
SSW2 - SKETCH
{Pin}spirational W - Photo Inspiration #102'
Love to Create W, 3E - Anything Goes for Kids
613 Avenue Create - W - #66 Anything Goes
Pile It On - W - #14 Feminine

8 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, what a darling card!!!! I'm thinking spring all the way now with the fun colors and yummy watermelon! So perfect!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dimension to this card (and those glossy watermelon seeds are the bomb!) How fun to have the sponsor participate in our sketch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us for this weeks challenge over at Love To Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Great use of the sketch! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes for Kids Challenge at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,
    What a cute card, such fun happy colors with the cute image. So happy to have you join us!
    Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Heather thanks for finding the time to join us this week, my son would love this card. Every time he cuts a piece of watermelon he asks if anyone would like a piece of WATER MA LOAN, in this funny accent he's the only one that could put that off and if anyone else says if it just doesn't sound right. I love this sweet image and your pretty colour and papers. Great card as always and thanks so much for finding the time to create one of your master pieces this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather!!! How cute are those two cherubs with their Watermelon!!! Adorable!! Love your Springy colors and the papers are awesome - that base paper makes me think they are right on a picnic blanket =)
    So glad you were able to not only Sponsor but play along as well!!
    Love you my friend!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter