And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

God is good ...

.. all the time!

God loves us all so much and only wants what is best for us. 
I was speaking to my son the other day about why we should listen to and respect God.
(he wasn't exactly on his best behavior that day in church)
He said something to the effect of so you don't get punished. 
I said, well, no. Why else? So you don't go to hell. 
I tried no to laugh. I further went on explaining to him that we respect
God because we love him. He loves us and when he guides us and leads us, that these struggles or
hard decisions in life aren't a punishment but a preparation. 
He is always working on and in us to prepare us for what he has planned for our lives. 
A little more than a 10 year old boy can understand, but I think he understood some of it. 
I was teaching him that we are to honor our parents on earth because we want what is best for him and to prepare him for the future. If he can't respect what we have to say, it will be all that much harder for him to listen to and respect what God has to say. 
I am not perfect. My kids are the best ones to stand up and testify to the truth of that statement. 
I fail every day. 
But I am thankful that God is still working on me. He hasn't given up on me. 
He DOES have a plan for my life and I want to follow His will and be who He wants me to be!


Now, on to the card! HA!!!

Today's Word Art Wednesday Challenge Scripture:



I hope you can play along with us!
Here are a few rules:
you are welcome to save this week's free scripture/word art file to your computer, but are not required to use it in order to play along in our challenges.   We welcome you share your art with us; remembering that Anything Goes as long as it's family-friendly, and uses an encouraging or uplifting sentiment

Check out the challenge blog for more inspiration and read the rules in full 

Have a happy and blessed day,
                                        Heather

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors you used on this! Beautiful scripture. I am really thinking about this one today as further encouragement to the ones I placed in my blog post today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter