And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to me .. almost


I made this card for 3 (yes, 3) challenges. I know that is bad, but I know time has been so scarce lately I took advantage of the challenges I could use for this card. One challenge ((the pink elephant)) was to use the colors pink, green and yellow. another (lili of the valley )) was to make a fun / funny card and another ((spoon full of sugar)) was to make a card with a number on it. I used my mwahbella for this card. I thought it went well with my feelings toward my 30th birthday. Kiss the good ol days behind, lol. not really... :) . I am not happy with my handwriting, but I think the card is fun and pretty all in one:) Hope you think so too :).

I got yet another sweet package in the mail today!!! My sweet friend Heather sent me a beautiful package including a very sweet card. My daughter loved the card just as much as I. She could not believe someone colored the image in so perfectly. Heather wrote me the nicest note too. Thank you ... everything you sent was perfect, you really overdid it girl! I love mu Gruffie stamp (my very FIRST Gruffie!!! YAY!!!) It could not have been more perfect!
Not only did I get that surprise today ~ we did not have an Easter dinner yesterday so my mom told me we would have it today. After dinner tonight my sister distracted me with something on the computer while my mom and the kids flew in and set the table up with a surprise party for me. I was shocked and so surprised. It was so sweet of them. I cant believe I did not hear anything going on when I was just in the other room :). My mom even wrote on the balloons. One said "Lordy lordy Heathers 40 with arrows to turn it over. I did not even catch the 40 thing:) lol!!! I was so surprised. When I read the other side of the balloon it said "see, it could be worse:)" lol! for those of you who do not know I really kindof have been dreading turning 30 :/.

I could not have had a more perfect birthday! Thank you to all of you who made it so wonderful!:)

16 comments:

  1. awww, i love that card! and i'm right there with you turning 30 this year (mine was in feb) ya know...did not hit me so hard, was just like any other day really....maybe when i'm the big four-oh! LOL sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - the sentiment is brilliant - a great idea. I love the image and the way you have done the background is terrific.

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Heather. Love the image. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fun day for you. I love that card too funny, I was going to send you a funny card, but I didn't have time to make a new one with blond hair instead of brown. You look like you had a fun birthday. BTW the fact that you and Hannah are wearing matching knecklaces is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah made the necklaces for us :) It was my gift from her. My mom helped .. but she strung the beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how FUN! Love your spoils! ;) Hannah looks like she is loving your party too! I particularly love the necklaces. I assume she made them for you??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what fun! Your card is just adorable! I sort of remember my
    20's LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute card and love the idea you used ! Hope you enjoy your big day that it coming up LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Your mom sounds like a riot! That's too funny! Glad to see you all smiling and laughing and having fun! So good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is FAB and so is your handwriting!! Wonderful job and Happy Birthday to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love that image. Happy birthday to you!! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card and great image - love your papers too. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the image and the way you've coloured part of the background paper....great idea!
    Glad you had a lovely Birthday :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! Happy birthday to you! Hope years to come will bring even more gorgeous cards like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fun card. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week.

    Hugs Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card with a really brilliant sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us this week on LOTV
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter