And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Thursday, July 16, 2009

For My Mom and Dad

I have not shared with you the cards I had made for my mom and dad for Mother's and Father's day. I really could go on and on about how much I love and appreciate, look up to, lean on, trust in, find happiness in, and can always count on them. I could tell you how amazing they are and how much they do for others. How unselfish and inspirational they are. How my heart is just overflowing with so much love for them. .. I could go on and on ... but I wont. I will let my cards speak for me. The first is for my mom. I used a childhood pic of myself, photocopied, chalked and embossed it. My dads card was color copied, sanded, sprayed with pearlex gold, and hand stitched. I also drew and cut the butterflies by hand. The Bob Carlisle song Butterfly Kisses has a special meaning to he and I and I will always smile / think of him when I hear it. Hope you enjoy' my cards.They may not be my 'best',but I really put my heart into them.

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful, heartfelt art! What a FABULOUS way to use photography! I am sure they will cherish these cards, AND the memories forever! These are SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful creations!! I love your technique of putting the pictures on your cards...makes it all the more special!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two cards (and your post) are such beautiful tributes to your parents. Hey, you! I've never seen this type of technique before on photo cards. It's one of the awesomest things ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter