And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Private Island Getaway

For the NEW digi post featuring Gardening Granny go HERE

Sending a happy Hi to everyone visiting today!
I am soooooooooo bored! It is too hot to do anything. I have curtains pulled to block out the heat. My daughter and I have been playing with polly pockets (and drinking coffee and eating cookies :D) while Daddy and little man have been playing video games. While all that is good... I feel like the day has been wasted. 
we are off to see another free christian concert at the boardwalk tonight. Sidewalk Profits will be there tonight :). We really love their songs.

Now that I had bored you to death, lol!!! ;)
I will share my card with you. 

and

This one was SO much fun to make. I used my favorite diecuts again :D
The MFT die-namics cloud  and the waves. I actually used the waves as a stencil this go round, so it was different :D that is good right? I stamped my Sunbathing Beach Babe Fresh Brewed Designs rubber stamp down first, then I stamped her another time, cut her and masked her off so I could stamp the palm tree 'behind' her. I drew in the sand and, voila, a private little island getaway :D

This image was so large, I did not use any detailed patterned paper because it would have been covered up anyway. I did use some leftover Martha Stewart dot paper to create the little tabs at the top and bottom of the framed image and some pink dot paper from k*i memories Juicy Summer. The sentiment comes from a clear stamp set by Dear Lizzy - American Craft. I stamped my FBD stamps with momento ink, colored them with Prismacolor markers and made them shimmer with Fairy Dust inspirations paint. There is even shimmer in the palm tree :)

(PS, they are having a Design team call right now! I LOVE PCS and know that you all do too, so why not try out for their team. If I had time, I know I would!! :)
They are so talented there... I know wouldn't make it ;) lol!!! Way out of my league IMHO!!! 

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed your visit and that this card makes you imagine you are on your own private beach somewhere :D

HUGS and SMILES and Happy Summer Days!

Heather

Challenges for this card include:

14 comments:

  1. "Blush" Well thank you for the wonderful compliments about Papercraft Star Heather. :-) And thank you so much for the shout out for our DT call. We're so happy that you come and play our challenges each week. Your card is wonderful (and definitely NOT out of our league!). Perfect for our photo/theme challenge this week! Hope we see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww what a fun card, love the bright colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the summery colors and the button as the sun- fun! it's colored so beautifully! awesome idea to use the die cut as a stencil- i can even see the shimmer from the inspirations paint. sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab fashion card! Love the image and the colours. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naturally I had to stop in and say hello and let you know that i think this card i just darling! <3

    We are so happy that you joined us at Paper Sundaes this week! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisa PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card and fab image.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love the image. Thank you for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card, great image.

    Thanks for joining in with us at ‘Fussy and Fancy’
    Challenge this week. Good luck.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our "Seeing double" challenge - what a great creation! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card, wish I was there, looks cooler with some ocean breezes :) I know what you mean, my DD and stay inside as well, it is even too hot to swim, since the pool is 95 to 96.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely island scene.

    It has been too hot to do anything. We actually had a "cool" day yesterday at 86 degrees. I wish I had an island breeze like the girl in your card.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely summer card! Great colors and I love the clouds!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw this is a really nice card and lovely image which is beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges. My apologies for a late comment I am having real problems leaving them.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - I love that summery image of the gorgeous hot island scene.

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away this fortnight for our summertime challenge.

    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter