And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wet and Wild

No we are not talking about the water park or the nail polish (the cheap $.99 kind we used as kids) anyway ~ We are celebrating the 'wild side' at Freshly Brewed Challenges. We are challenging you to create something using anything WILD! Animals, animal print, bg paper, you name it! We want to see it. A little or a lot, just show us your wild side (OH GOODNESS!!! It just hit me some of the WILD cards we will be seeing with some of those scandalous images out there lol. Guess I need to practice peeking through my fingers :D)


Digital Image: Baby Ellie
The card I have to share with you today is featuring the sweet little Baby Ellie. I think she is pretty wild enough for me today! :D She is enjoying her ice cream watching the beautiful pink clouds pass by over the choppy waves. I have overused these diecuts lately, no doubt! But I LOVE them :) and Summer is almost over so I have months to wait to use the waves again, unless I find something really cool to do with them :).
Beautiful shimmer created by:
(available at the Fresh Brewed Shop)
(LOVE the fairy dust! It paints over any color and remains clear
it just adds a beautiful shimmer... and it dries in a flash!!!)
Let me share a little story with you :)
I will keep it short, I know I heard a few groans :D 
When I was around 11 years old (yes, I am probably a little off) my parents moved us to 'the beach' from 'the mountains'. They were unsure if this was the right thing to do and had been praying about it. My mom thought of the most uncommon thing to see at that time and said "OK, if we see a pink elephant on the way, I will take that as a sign" (or something like that). Well, would you guess that we saw several pink elephants on the way.... how funny is that! I remember my sister and brother and I seeing them and laughing and pointing them out. 

I do hope you are having a lovely week and that you will get to play along with us this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges
Be sure to check out our sale. 
This week only, Coffee Digis are on sale 40% off. ... and Coffee CAN be wild :)

Materials:
PTI Cardstock, AC Teal cardstock, Martha Stewart dot bg cardstock, Making Memories pink dot patterned paper,  Nestabilities scalloped lace circle die, MFT Die-Namics clouds and waves die, AC buttons, scrap ribbon, Prismacolor markers, inspirations paints: Fairy Dust, chocolate, pink stickles, and rhinestones ??
 
I created this card for the following challenges
Papercraft Star Photo inspiration
 
Deep Ocean Challenge -   Ribbons 
Paper Take Weekly - Something Cute that has the Awww Factor
Use It Tuesdays  - Animals  (hoarded supplies:buttons,ribbon, bling (all a year or so old)
Die Cut Dreams - 4 Legged Animals
Creative Inspirations Paint  - Inspired by your favorite Die 
Pile It On - Life is a picnic
Fussy and Fancy summer
Fuzzy Wuzzy - get punchy
 Fab 'n' Funky -  animals 
Divas by Design -pastels 
Scrapalicious - summer

27 comments:

  1. oH my goodness Heather---she is just as sweet as can be--and so story like with her pink polka dot clouds and gorgeous ribbon!!!!! Even the waves are stunning--I don't think you can over-use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very darling! i love that ribbon! everything on your cards ties together for complete cutestness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love everything about about this card! The elephant is so stinking cute and those pink clouds! So very sweet!
    I just adore this lovely card!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, love the combo and image

    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
    hugs
    céline f&f DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sparkly blue bikini which helps make this card super cute. thanks for sharing this with us over at Papertae for our getting cute challenge this week.

    xx Happy crafting xx

    Sazzle

    http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card. Beautiful details. Love the color combination and the way you use the ribbon! Fabulous!
    Thank you for playing with us at Deep Ocean Challenge Blog. Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    LIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness, I saw this last night when I wrote up the Challenge Post, but up close and personal, I can see all the little details! Oh, Momma!! Reminds me of cotton candy and all things puffy and sweet!
    And the Pink Elephant story... was it a sign you were going the right way?
    Must have been, since it's 10 years later and you're STILL at the beach! (you ARE still 21 right??) (-: LOL!!

    Love ya!!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, Heather! Thanks so much for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!! - Heather B

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Looks like she's working on her tan. :-) You did a great job with the colors from our inspiration photo Heather. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card.. The elephant is adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute card, love the waves in the background! thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh she's cute! ... if only I looked that good in a bikini!! many thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute elephant! Great job with your card! Thanks for joining us at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What could be cuter than an elephant in a bikini eating ice cream? Love those summer colors. Thanks for joining us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so cute! There are so many things to love about your card - the ribbon treatment, the bling, the sweet pink clouds and cut out waves.

    I'm off to check out the sale.

    I hope you are having a great week! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HEHEHE never did I think I would see and elephant in a cutie bikini like that but it sure is adorable!!!! ;) Good luck this week over at scrapalicious USA we'd love to see you back next week.
    hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a darling image, your ribbon and waves are so perfect, thanks so much for sharing with us at Die Cut Dreams
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute!! Very Sweet. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww...such a cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cute card. Thanks for joining us at F'n'F this week with your 'animal magic' creation xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Scrapalicious! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heather, your card is amazing! The image is just too cute; love that scrunched up ribbon! Thanks for joining us at CI Paint. Hope you will join us again. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gotta love the bikini and the gem in the center, too cute! Perfect for the Divas By Design pastel challenge. thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so CUTE! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahhhh so cute. Thanks for joining us at Papertake. Hugs Tracy GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG, this is so cute! Love the image and your card design! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter