And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Movie Night!!!


 I don't know about you, but we are so busy during the week we always like to have a 'movie night' with the kids on the weekend. It happens sometimes on Friday night, and sometimes on Saturday night and is sometimes a short show, but we do it together with snacks and laughing and a little fighting between the kids :D but I love every second of it.


I created this card using the Fresh Brewed Designs Rubber Stamp: Candy Corn Girl. 
I LOVE to use stamps for themes other than what they appear to be created for. She is easy to mask off with the bowl of candy corn, or to cover like I did. The spider in her hair is easily hidden by drawing over it to be a hair bow, placing a rhinestone or flower... and voila! She is ready to go! :D


Candy Corn Girl was colored with prismacolor markers. The pink paper was created by me :D
I used some dyes my mom gave me, splashed a few dots on the paper and swiped over it with a sponge. I then took two nestabilities dies and created this fun little frame for my sentiment. I used black and white twinery twine around the left side of the frame. The pop corn was created using puffy paint. Her shirt was an oops, but looks cute IRL. She was covered with fun flock, but it did not look as fuzzy and full as I wanted... so I added more and made a mess.. then I decided to add stickles over it. It made a crystalized looking sparkly shirt. Not sure what to call it. but It was NOT exactly what I wanted nor was it a total disaster :D


This card was created for the
Play Date Challenge: Black and White with a splash of Hot Pink
and for the Sketch at Eat Sleep Stamp


I hope you all have a super wonderful bright sunshiny Saturday
LOTS of HUGS and SMILES!
Heather

8 comments:

  1. ohhhh I love this card.... soooo cute....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I think her shirt turned out great, and I lover her skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm. that popcorn looks so real i want to eat it :) what a fun card (and tradition with the kids!)- love all the fun, bright colors and all you put into it: your own custom paper, cool fuzzy sparkly shirt.... awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Heather! Love the black/white and the pop of hot pink, absolutely striking!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch, Heather! Love the color palette and the polka dots. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather wow love your new image, and that skirt is to die for. Stunning card by the way. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too fun! What a great frame you created with your dyes, and your girl is dressed to a T with fantastic color and style! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my girl!! You blow me away AGAIN! You had me with this image and then the colors. Love, love, love black & pink. You so rocked this girl with her sexy outfit. Love her tights!!!!!!!!!!!! You are da bomb my friend! Thank you for playing this week!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter