And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Be still and know that I am God.


This card was made for a friend of mine that goes to our church. He is a wonderful and kind man that is a new Christian and loves the Lord. I am very lucky to know him. He has not been feeling well the past few weeks, so I decided to make him a card. If any of you know me .. you know that masculine cards are not my specialty! They are SOOO hard for me. This one sortof fell together thanks to the OCC monochromatic challenge this week!!! I have been wanting to use my Be Still set by Sweet and Sassy ... I finally had a good reason to break it out. I am very happy with the way this card turned out and I think he will like it as well. I showed restraint and did not add a ribbon or buttons as much as I wanted to ;). Ha!

I know some of you are curious about the Caardvarks challenges I have been participating in since they are having a DT call ... to be considered you had to participate in all the challenges... and I did... and that stirred a few peoples curiosity whether or not I was trying out. The answer is, even though I really wanted to send my email to them, I did not. I really know that I do not have the style they are looking for. I just REALLY REALLY enjoyed doing the challenges, looking forward to the next and getting my stuff together. I had an absolute blast creating for them this week. Thanks for the fun Caardvarks. I loved every minute of it!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
I am off to try to get my sore throat to go away. I dont want it here... :/ Blechbleugh! My son just woke up saying he had a sore throat as well. Hannah did a few days ago ... this has got to go away soon :(. UGH!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at the OCC!
    cindyB

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. Heather. I needed to see this scripture today. I'm having an absolutely rotten day full of self-pity and questioning my future...thanks for the reminder that if I just "be still" then God will take care of everything! *hugs*

    Oh and it's a great masculine card! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. The scripture is amazing, too!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a Beautiful yet masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's gorgeous and he will love it! That is so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and scripture! So nice of you to be encouraging to your new friend. Great job on the monochromatic challenge. So happy you could join us this week at the OCC. Hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter