And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hello Friend!





I have had this post ready (in my head) for DAYS but still can not seem to get time to stop and add it to my blog. A very dear and sweet friend of mine, Kelly, sent me a lovely birthday gift just around a week ago. I am so glad it came before all the icky hail and rain storms!!! I always feel funny receiving gifts, for some reason guilt takes over. I love to get and send gifts, so I have been trying to focus more on that and that the person WANTED to get it for me. I am sure Kelly did not grumble and fuss and mumble putting the package together :D lol, it was out of love. And that touched me very deeply. She said prior to my receiving this package that it reminded her of me. When I peeked inside the box I had to laugh!!! I LOVE it and she has no idea how much it is "ME"!!! When I was a teenager I LOVED leopard / animal print. My husband took me on a date... and I wore a full leopard print suit. Yes, imagine that... and shivver thinking WHAT!?!?! But I was much prettier and thinner and totally pulled it off then ;) HAHAHA!!! I even had someone stop me and ask me if I was one of the Rockette dancers that were in town dancing at the Palace Theatre. Man (sigh) those were the days! Now I like cheesecake and pasta too much to care... or I do care... but I still don't try to produce results. ANYWAY!!! This gift brought back lots of wonderful fun memories of my 'younger days' and was the perfect birthday gift!
Thank you SO very much Kelly girl. you know I love you!!!
Here is a pic of me with my lovely new purse (and with my new haircut and color ~ yes, I am on my way back to blonde!!!)

I also have a card to share with you today. Today is the last day of our picture inspiration challenge at Freshly Brewed Challenges. The challenge (for my inspiration) was purple and green. I used my rubber stamp: I'll take mine to go and scrap papers from previous projects to create this card.


I hope to see you back tomorrow for the new FBChallenge AND the D.I.V.A.S blog hop!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (belated?). What a wonderful gift. and super cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather yes I can see you in the leopard print suit and I bet you did look like perhaps one of Rod Stewarts singers, and I know that bag is just right for you, your friend certainly knows you.
    Your ard is stunning and your image looks fabulous. with hug sShirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather, you are an absolute GEM!! I'm near rolling at the thought of you in your full leopard outfit - your husband must have been thanking his lucky stars he met you! x0x0 Too cute and a wonderful memory to look back on, but what are you talking about - you are still GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inside and out :) You are one of the most generous people I have been blessed to know and your kindness just never ceases - God has truly blessed me when He brought you into my life ! Muah!!

    LOVE LOVE the hair!! I am so eternally jealous, lol - here is mine always in a pony tail - blah!

    Now your card! SUPER sweet! Love the green P-P shirt to match the darling card and the hand drawn swirl - delish! You are uber creative. Did I mention lately what a blessing you are? You ARE!!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter