And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

So Thankful



 This week at Freshly Brewed Challenges we are celebrating with a SO THANKFUL theme. 
If you have not checked out our blog candy, go check out this post to find out how you can win. There's just over  a week left to enter, so don't wait!!!

For my card I chose to create with the Pumpkin Latte digital stamp. 
I was so good! I used ALL scraps for this card. I even found the leaf paper piece in my scrap pile, 
already cut to the specifications I needed! Woot woot!

The inside has a printed sentiment I received in an email this morning from BeFreeForMe.com. 


(here is a bunch of gobbly gook that really is not necessary to read, I am just thinking 'out loud' so to speak and having one of those 'I am talking too much' moments :))

I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends who have been posting on facebook every day the things they are thankful for. I smile and think, most of the time, that I am thankful for those very same things. I may not have a lot when it comes to earthly possessions. I do not have a huge house that is decorated beautifully like something out of Better Homes and Gardens inside. I do not have fancy dishes or perfectly painted walls. What I do have is walls covered in putty where my husband is patching up holes, but has now been waiting weeks to sand and finish patching so he can paint. I have blue silly string stuck to the ceiling in a few areas of the house thanks to SPIDER MAN (my son). I have red and gray and other colored marks down the walls where the kids have thrown toys, tossed balls, flown helicopters, and more to create the master piece that I get to look at daily. I have really shiny laminate wood flooring throughout the house, except one section that is NEW but NOT Shiny (weird, huh) where we had to replace the flooring when the fridge decided to secretly pee under it causing a mess a year or so back. You can see the difference as you walk down the hall into the kitchen as the sun shines in the window. :D  I have a table that one of its legs are broken and bolted in that I got at a yard sale. When the kids are coloring or working on their schoolwork it creaks and almost whistles as they erase or write. Sometimes it is annoying, lol but I LOVE because it has a varnish over the top that the kids can paint on and do whatever they please on that table and I can wash it! (well, it still has some Aleens ok to wash it stuck on it ... but that is my fault ;). I could go on and on about these things I do sometimes complain about... but I won't drive you crazy. I just wanted to share and say that I know when it is looked on by others, they may be thinking "wow, she really doesn't have a lot" and I do sometimes get embarrassed if I know someone is coming over, but I quickly put myself back in check. I have SO much more than I could ever begin to list here. I have so many wonderful things in my home - new, broken, creaky, scratched....  but that is not what matters. I have the MOST LOVE that I could ever imagine having. I have wonderful friends who make me smile. I have a supportive, LOVING, honest, giving, selfless, big ol huggy warm family. Each and every one of them makes up a part of who I am. My mom, dad, husband, kids, sister, brother, grannys, papaws, cousins, aunts, uncles... I could go on and on (and have been) but THAT is what matters. Everything in my heart. All of THOSE treasures can not be replaced. I thank God every day for the people he has placed in my life and I am doing all I can to pray and stay close to them until we can all be together in heaven when our Father calls us home.

Sorry for this long and drawn out post. I know I am mostly just writing a journal entry to myself, but it has felt good to share and talk about.

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, I know you can still celebrate being thankful and I hope you will take the time to tell someone special that you are thankful for them, even if they already know it. Sometimes it is just good to hear it :)

BIG SMILES AND HUGE HUGS!!!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Heather! Love your papers and how you wrapped your twine. Your "thankful" entry is beautiful because it comes from the heart. Love you my friend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a super cute card and i just love the sentiment inside. your thankful entry is wonderful and true and i'm happy you know and cherish what IS important to be thankful for- family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving from a friend who is thankful to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter